Jun 30, 2010

Hike #11 - Graves Castle


Drive - 45 minutes (from where I stay in Spokane) 5 hours from my house in Seattle

Water - nope, it is really, really short

Would I do it again: I can't imagine ever thinking a hike to Graves would be my last hike to Graves

This is probably the first hike I ever did as a kid. It is at Camp Reed outside of Spokane. I worked there for almost 10 years! My good friend Quasi (gotta love camp names) and I went out to visit our our stomping grounds. No matter what changes Camp goes through it is still my favorite place. This hike itself is shockingly short when you are used to hiking it surrounded by 200+ 8 - 14 year olds. The views are still there and they are timeless. Proofers Barn is still standing and can still be seen in the distance (see the photo above). We came back the back way and checked out al the old horse stuff. That route is the site of my scariest night at camp on my first ever overnight with kids. I had to come down by myself in the rain (silly knee injury) and ran into a neighing horse right when lightening struck. I almost ran out of my brace like Forrest Gump! It was great to be back on Fan Lake! Keep the Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment