
Drive: none
Water: I wish I had some as it was the 2nd hike of the day!
Would I do it again: I certainly hope so, it has all my favorite highlights of Seattle
It was too nice a day that I couldn't just spend the afternoon sitting around, so I decided to go out for another hike today. I think this is the most "classic Seattle" urban hike I have had. It started with a steep uphill and then a stair climb to get up the hill. I stumbled upon Lake View Cemetery and after my wonderful walk through the cemetery on Queen Anne, I decided to take a look. It has some wonderful views of the Cascades. Right next to Lake View is Volunteer Park where for some reason, and much to my embarrassment, I have never been. This beautiful, giant park that includes the Seattle Asian Art Museum is a magnificent part of this city that every visitor should see. I took the photo above of the lily pad outside the museum. I then wandered down 15th by some of my favorite coffee shops and bars. The walk (4+ miles) ended heading back down the hill towards home with a few blocks on Broadway as well as a stretch on Eastlake. A great way to tire myself out before my red eye flight to Boston tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment