Drive: 20 minutes
Water: Again, not that long a hike
Would I do it again: Yes, I should do it way more often since it is technically a trail, but still in town!
Rachel and her daughter, Sydnee (see the picture) came with me for the greatest of all hikes within a city. a 3 mile loop that, as Syd explains so well, goes through forest, fields and the beach. It isn't very challenging, but perfect for a lazy summer afternoon. We ran into a lot of families who had the same idea as us. Sydnee was way tougher than all the other kids, walking much faster than any other kids we saw. I had forgotten how much fun it is to hike with kids, they see so much more stuff. I saw bugs, plants and animals that I would have normally walked right by...
No comments:
Post a Comment