
Here's the deal, I am trying to go on 50 hikes between Memorial Day and the time I have to start back to work - August 23rd (I'm a teacher and a coach and the XC season starts in August).
According to dictionary.com the word hike means: to walk or march a great distance, esp. through rural areas, for pleasure, exercise, military training, or the hike.
Because I will have to do some of these alone and I don't feel super safe hiking on secluded trails all alone, some of my hikes will to be "Urban Hikes"
This is a photo from Serene Lake - a pre-hiking 50 summer hikes hike
I don't have a lot of rules, but here they are:
1) An "Urban Hike" must be longer than 3 miles and can not be repeated within the 50 hikes
2) Any hike on an actual trail in the wilderness will count and any of them can be repeated.
3) It is legal to do more than one hike in a day
4) I must take a picture for proof
5) If it stops being fun, I will probably stop!
GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDelete