Important Stats:
Drive: about an hour
Water: I think I drank all 24 ounces at the top!
Would I do it again?: At the top I would have said yes, but after the longest trek back to the parking lot, I think it's a no
My friend Rainier was willing to go out on Highway 2 on a hike with me. I thought it would be a nice morning before a drive to Spokane. Anyway, it's fun to hike with Rainier because he is a no nonsense minimalist get to the top as fast possible kind of hiker. The fun thing about this hike is the cool waterfalls about a mile in. They weren't as impressive as they were back in May when I hiked it for the first time. From the waterfalls, there are about a thousand switchbacks and a million rocks to climb over. However, all the work pays off at the end at beautiful Lake Serene. We were lucky enough to break through the clouds about 2 miles in, so at the lake we could see across it. We climbed out on a rock to get our proof picture. The wierd part of this whole strange hike (that was a relatively tough uphill climb), is that despite rushing down, it took us longer to get down than it did to get up. By the time we were back at the parking we had decided we were never going on this hike again!
No comments:
Post a Comment