Aug 6, 2010

Hike #40 - Saltwater State Park


Important Stats:

Drive: about 30 minutes

Water: nope

Would I do it again?: NO

I started this hike with high anticipation...at least on the drive down there. However it was all for not. I suppose I was bound to go on a bad hike at some point and today was the day. I found the trailhead and headed up. After 20 minutes I realized I would be able to see/hear the parking the entire trip. And, because I tend to be a happy, optimistic I will say there were moments when there weren't any cars to hear and you could imagine you were out in the wilderness. There were some moments when it was really pretty and a cool bridge to cross at one point. The best part of this park had nothing to do with the hiking but of the view of the water and the sound. So I guess, while I might come back to Saltwater State Park, but not to hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment