Aug 18, 2010

Hike #46 -Padilla Bay Shore Trail


Important Stats:

Drive: a little bit more than an hour

Water: just for the drive home

Would I do it again?: Yep, especially with Marla and family

I went up to Mount Vernon to see Marla's new house and to visit with her and Willa. We decided to take everyone, Holly dog included, on a hike along the Padilla Bay Shore Trail, a 4.5 mile dike top trail along the estuary of the Skagit River. It was a beautiful day which made this walk even better. The Skagit Valley is farm country and there were picturesque views from every angle - the above is just my favorite photo. There was a bunch of wildlife out, mostly in the form of birds. And, although it was a little bit hazy, we could see the mountains around us. All of it, combined with good company and conversation, made for a great hike. It was great to find out that Marla didn't actually move that far away and that we will be able to see each other more often than I first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment