Aug 3, 2010

Hike #37 - Spokane South Hill


Important Stats:


Drive: 4 hours from Seattle

Water: nope

Would I do it again?: not this same route, but I love wandering around the South Hill whenever I get a chance

I was in Spokane to see my family, so I decided to visit via foot. I toured the old neighborhood and parks that I used ride my bike around in elementary school. I went by the Comstock Pool and then down through Manito. The photo is of my favorite tree in Manito. I then went through the neighborhood and down snake hill to Rockwood to get to my grandfathers. It was fun to be a little sentimental about all the good times I have had in these places with my brother, grandma, Chrissy and Elizabeth. The highlight of the walk was ending up at my grandfathers house and sharing pictures that I took on my walk through Tacoma. He sat with me for an hour and told stories of growing up during the depression and riding bikes out to Point Defiance (or hitching a ride on the streetcar) and all about life at Stadium High school. I finished the trek with a last mile up Rockwood to my Aunt's house. I think I rode my bike up this street about a million times in the 80's!

No comments:

Post a Comment