Aug 19, 2010

Hike #47 - Tiger Mountain Route #3 - Poo Poo Point Trail


Important Stats:

Drive: 30 - 40 minutes (only because we went via 405 and the crazy traffic)

Water: A bottle for the hike and I wish I had had one for the drive home

Would I do it again?: I know I will a great 9-mile hike so close to home will, for sure, be on the agenda this fall!

I have done a few evening hikes this summer and I really like them. I think, overall, I prefer the early AM start to get up and down before I start my day. However, there is something kinda nice about ending the day on the mountain. I convinced three friends that this was a good idea and off we went. We decided to try the real Poo Poo Point trail on Tiger Mountain. The Washington Trails website promised us that it was 7.4 miles, which would give us ample time to get up and down before the sum started setting. Too bad they were wrong and it was closer to 9 miles. We made it to the top and took in the view (this view never disappoints), saw a few paragliders and then turned to head back as quickly as we could. Rebecca had flashlights so we were safe, but we hauled and finished with some day light to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment