
Important Stats:
Drive: 10 minutes
Water: 24 ounces - it's hot in Seattle...finally!!
Would I do it again?: Maybe - for sure the Matthews Beach part
After a few days off of hiking to run in a 185-mile relay race in Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho, it was time to get back out there. I am so close to being done! I decided to get to know the neighborhood my school is in. I took a nice route through the residential areas with the goal of Matthews Beach and the Burke Gilman Trail. On my way I found a couple great tree filled streets (see picture). In fact, with all the trees and shade, most of this hike didn't feel like an Urban Hike at all. The way home was mostly on the Burke - where I will be running with my team soon enough. Although an urban hike, I must remember that we are still in Seattle and the last mile included some serious hills. Overall a great way to start out a Monday morning. 5 hikes to go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment