Jul 15, 2010

Hike #23 - Mt. San Jacinto - Desert View Trail


Important Stats:

Drive: 30 mintues from my parents, but it was a very long trek from Seattle

Water: yep, to help stave off dehydration upon our return to 114 degree Palm Desert

Would I do it again?: Probably the next time I back down here...maybe there will be a view :)

My dad, Elizabeth and I took the world's longest (and perhaps only) rotating tram up 8500 feet to the state park. The tram itself was awesome. You get off the tram at the lodge and then head out back to start the hike. Strangely, it starts with a quarter mile downhill climb on a cement sidewalk. At the end of that walk, we got on a real trail for the novice hiker hike. At the view points, we could tell there would be a good view if the winds (and sand) would have died down. Towards the end of the hike a cool breeze and some rain settled in. It was nice that I came all the way to the desert to get a hike with some cool breeze and rain... apparently Seattle's breeze and rain wasn't enough for me! It was a fun hike and nice to get to a hike in with my dad and Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment