
Important Stats:
Drive: 25 minutes from my house
Water: I forgot a bottle - and with my new found belief in hydration it was a big mistake.
Would I do it again?: Yes, yes, yes! I did this earlier this summer and went back and this time was even better
Rebecca and I decided to do an evening hike this Sunday instead of the normal 7 am adventure. We didn't have enough time to go very far, so we settled on the back side of our normal Tiger Mountain route. We made the right decision. Before we even got to the parking lot we saw the paragliders sailing down. There were so many of them. We found the last parking spot next to the landing field, and watched a few paragliders land. We then made it through the field without getting hit but he flying people and got to the trailhead. The hike itself is a tough uphill battle - no nice flat parts to help you catch your breath. There are, along the way however, some breathtaking views of Mt. Rainier. Even after all these years and all these hikes, Mt. Rainier never gets boring to me. In a little under an hour we reached the top with the best view within 30 minutes of Seattle. But what was super cool were all the paragliders getting ready to take off. We watched them for awhile before our descent.
No comments:
Post a Comment