Important Stats:
Drive: about 40 minutes
Water: I wish I had some...
Would I do it again?: Yep, I love this stuff!
Today I decided to head to Tacoma. My real goal was to get to Pt. Defiance with some friends, but I went down early to check out some historical sights. I called my grandfather who grew up in Tacoma in the 20's and asked him where he went to school and where he lived. Even at 94, he rattled off addresses as if he had never left town. So off I went on a nearly 7 mile trek through Tacoma seeing his old elementary school, high school, apartment building. Unfortunately, his middle school (Tacoma had middle schools back then!) was no longer there. The photo is a view of Stadium Bowl - the field for Stadium high school - which is sadly under construction. This is one of the most beautiful football stadiums in the country. It was fun to walk where my grandfather had walked.
No comments:
Post a Comment