Important Stats:
Drive: 3.5 hours
Water: A bottle for the drive up and one for the way back
Would I do it again?: There are too many other hikes in the North Cascades to repeat one...
I must start by saying, this was a good hike, and I am glad that I did it. That being said, Ken, Wendy and I drove 7+ hours to hike 2.5 hours and then I had to hang out in Bellevue for another hour to avoid ridiculous traffic on my return to Seattle. The hike itself, after such a long drive on a cloudy cold July day was, to be honest, kind of mediocre. Perhaps it was the clouds, the snow, or the intermittent rain that put a damper on this July hike. The hike was supposed to be a loop, but we ran into a lot of snow about halfway around Lake Ann (see picture). We decided it was in our best interest to turn around and not chance the slipping down the mountain on the snow. Real hikers would have had good shoes and poles to help prevent the slipping. We, on the other hand, had no poles an slippery old running shoes. Too much complaining. It was a good day and fun to get off of the I-90 corridor and drive the famous North Cascades highway.
No comments:
Post a Comment